Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Undercover by Beth Kephart





Con(s): In regards to the actual story line, reading this book was an experience somewhat similar to the one I had when I read Leap Day. I kind of felt like the story had no point really....Maybe its just me, but I feel like a story is not good unless it has a solid ending. The ending to this book wasn't a cliffhanger, but it was just as bad as one. Bu, I guess this was the author's idea of being realistic (because let's be honest: we all have our own definitions of realistic. The more cynical of the bunch might view  this ending as "realistic")....And, the main character was too passive for my taste. She just kind of let people run over her (one of the many issues not addressed in the book). 

Pro(s): I found the heroine intimidating (and yes, this is a good thing). She just had so much depth and wisdom for a girl her age. Overall,  the writing was excellent and it really made me think. The author really had a way with words. Beth Kephart is so talented and after reading Undercover, my brain felt so stimulated that i couldn't sleep for hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...