Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Gone by Lisa McMann



Gone, the long awaited conclusion to the Dream catcher series, was a bit of a disappointment. This third installment had a rather depressing feel to it, but that's not why it disappointed me. For one, the writing was not up to par with Lisa McMann's usual writing. Plus, it was boring! I never thought I'd ever say those words while referring to a Lisa McMann novel, but I guess stranger things have happened. Anyway, the ending was not what I expected and didn't do much to satisfy my curiosity about Janie's future, nor did it do much to satiate my hunger for her happy ending. She got Cabe, but even that was bittersweet compared to what she uncovers about her father and her future. But, I'm not going to go into too much detail, as I'd rather not spoil it for you. I do, however, recommend that you read this book if you have already read the first two, just for the sake of [a little] closure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...