Friday, March 25, 2011

What Can't Wait by Ashley Hope Perez





I have to be honest: when I first read the description for this book, I was kind of hesitant to read it. But, I decided to read it anyway. And this is the first time I've ever been glad that I second guessed myself. 

Lately, I've been reading a lot of crap books, but this was not one of them. The characters were so realistic (which you have to both love and hate). Also, the heroine, Marisa, was just so strong and brave. She's one character who I can look up to. No matter how tough things got for her, she never gave up (even though she sometimes wanted to). 

Marisa's teacher once quoted to her: "Don't ask for an easier life; ask to be a stronger person." And that's exactly what Marisa did. When things were tough at home, she kept on going. When she fell, she got back up again (but most of the time, only after licking her wounds a bit). 

Let's face it: life is hard. But the way I see it, the harder the life, the stronger the person. Marisa Moreno is a great example of this. And, she made it. She succeeded because she didn't give up. 

I just think that this book is really inspirational (even though it's fiction) for young girls, especially ones who come from backgrounds like Marisa's. 

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...