Tuesday, March 22, 2011

If I Have A Wicked Stepmother, Where's My Prince? by Melissa Kantor





Characters 

Pro: The characters were interesting, all though they were nothing new 

Con: The characters were rather very predictable. I could read them like a book (no pun intended) the second they were introduced to me 

Storyline 

Pro: The story line was "cute" 

Con: It was quite predictable and not very original. 

Use of Language 

Pro: The dialogue was okay. Funny, at some points. 

Con: The writing was "cheesy", "corny", whatever you want to call it. Especially the ending, where the line "Let's blow this fairytale!" was actually said with a straight face. 

Overall Opinion 

This book did not satiate me. Although it was cute and the banter was often intriguing, it was kind of boring. But, I'd recommend it to anyone on a junior high school reading comprehension level (I was going to say elementary level, but the mild make out scenes make this novel a little PG-13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...