Saturday, December 10, 2011

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins





Rating: 4/5


Very cute. This is just the type of book I've been looking for. A nice break from vampires, werewolves, fairies, angels, demons, and witches. No complaints....maybe I'll think of one later though....oh wait, I have one! *Sidenote: hehe, is the fact that I find joy in pointing out flaws cynical?...joking. I don't find joy in it. I find comfort. If it was perfect, it would've been boring, anyway ;p*Lola's cluelessness got on my nerves at times. There were times when I wanted to jump in the book and slap her. Like how could she not KNOW these things? But, even though she was a bit dense at times, I have to admit that I adored her character. While Lola once looked up to Calliope, I actually kind of look up to Lola. I admire her guts, her creativity, her confidence. She had such a colorful soul, and I wish I could possess just an ounce of her charisma. I also found myself falling in love with Cricket. He had that sexy geek thing going on...and, he was so sweet. And selfless. 

And I could go on and on about the characters, but I'm not, because this review is already longer than I originally intended (I'd planned on writing maybe two or three sentences). One last thing about the characters: they were odd, but in a good way...in a great way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...